The mission of Shawnee Trail Cycling Club is for each club member to become an ambassador of the sport of cycling and to increase visibility and acceptance of the sport through
- strict compliance to traffic laws
- education and mentoring of all cyclists to create awareness of “cycling best practices” to ensure the safe enjoyment of the activity
- initiatives to ensure cyclists can safely share the road with motorists
- Participation in, and sponsorship of education activities and events promoting cycling as a viable, “green” transportation alternative.
- Continuous demonstration, through our actions, of all benefits of participation in cycling as an activity, at any level.
Club membership is comprised of cycling enthusiasts of all ages with a wide range of abilities and interests.
However, most importantly, Shawnee Trail Cycling Club is about having fun riding a bike – together! We are NOT a racing club (although racers are welcome). Our members are primarily comprised of recreational and fast recreational cyclists that share a passion for riding bicycle – together! With multiple group ride options per week, Shawnee Trail Cycling Club, offers rides which cater to a variety of rider experience levels. Further, members acknowledge a responsibility to share our sport, our experience, and our commitment as a group with the larger community in which we live.
Learn more about our club ties to local heritage: